SN Cill Cae, usually referred to as Kilkea National School, is located in the historic village of Kilkea, between Athy & Castledermot. Nearby Kilkea Castle was the seat of the Fitzgerald clan - Earls of Kildare and Dukes of Leinster - for over 700 years.
Kilkea N.S. was originally founded in 1834 in the old schoolhouse
(now Mrs. Doyle’s house). In 1950, the children moved up the road
to a new two-classroom school. That building underwent
reconstruction in June 2008. The completion of works on our new school, including an extension, took place in June 2009.